Monday 5 May 2014

Team reflections on climbing Ishinca (5530m)

Spr “Benny” Hill: “This mountain literally took my breath away.”
Spr Dan Sheldon: “No más montañas, no más for mi.”
Spr “Waggy” Wagstaff: “You call that a mountain, bring on Huascaran!”
Spr Jordan McDonagh: “I hate snow, it breaks me!” (On falling waist deep into the snow, every step, on return from Ishinca)
 
Spr Sam Roslyn: “How is that guy not tired yet?” (Reference mountain guide Cesar)
 
 
 

Spr Matt Dalley: “This hill is easy. Crampons, what’s the point?”
 
LCpl Tom Eaves: “Mountaineering is for hats.”
LCpl Ant Bayliss: “This mountain is emotional.”
Cpl Chuck Berry: “I think I may need a hip replacement after that one. Bottle of vino and a massage should do the trick!”
Cpl Jim A’Hara: “Dos montañas más, finito!”
Capt Damian Warren: “Just 2 more alpine starts, phew!”

Maj John Tolan: “I had a really bad dream last night. …”

No comments:

Post a Comment